Developing on AWS
Duration : 3 Days (24 Hours)
Developing on AWS Course Overview:
The Developing on AWS course is specifically designed for experienced developers who want to build web solutions with AWS. This course provides a deep dive into utilizing AWS Software Development Kits (SDKs) and Command Line Interface (CLI) to interact programmatically with AWS services. Participants will learn how to select the right AWS resources for their applications and will gain hands-on experience in building a sample application. The course covers essential topics such as setting up permissions, processing data using AWS core services, configuring user authentication, deploying applications to the AWS cloud, and debugging. Throughout the course, participants will have access to code examples and labs to reinforce their learning and implement solutions using AWS SDKs, CLI, and the AWS Management Console.
Course level: Intermediate
- Software developers
- Solution architects
- IT workers who want to improve their developing skills using AWS Services
Module 1: Course Overview
- Student resources
Module 2: Building a Web Application on AWS
- Discuss the architecture of the application you are going to build during this course
- Explore the AWS services needed to build your web application
- Discover how to store, manage, and host your web application
Module 3: Getting Started with Development on AWS
- Describe how to access AWS services programmatically
- List some programmatic patterns and how they provide efficiencies within AWS SDKs and
- Explain the value of AWS Cloud9
Module 4: Getting Started with Permissions
- Review AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) features and components permissions
to support a development environment
- Demonstrate how to test AWS IAM permissions
- Configure your IDEs and SDKs to support a development environment
- Demonstrate accessing AWS services using SDKs and AWS Cloud9
Lab 1: Configure the Developer Environment
- Connect to a developer environment
- Verify that the IDE and the AWS CLI are installed and configured to use the application
- Verify that the necessary permissions have been granted to run AWS CLI commands
- Assign an AWS IAM policy to a role to delete an Amazon S3 bucket
Module 5: Getting Started with Storage
- Describe the basic concepts of Amazon S3
- List the options for securing data using Amazon S3
- Define SDK dependencies for your code
- Explain how to connect to the Amazon S3 service
- Describe request and response objects
Module 6: Processing Your Storage Operations
- Perform key bucket and object operations
- Explain how to handle multiple and large objects
- Create and configure an Amazon S3 bucket to host a static website
- Grant temporary access to your objects
- Demonstrate performing Amazon S3 operations using SDKs
Lab 2: Develop Solutions Using Amazon S3
- Interact with Amazon S3 programmatically using AWS SDKs and the AWS CLI
- Create a bucket using waiters and verify service exceptions codes
- Build the needed requests to upload an Amazon S3 object with metadata attached
- Build requests to download an object from the bucket, process data, and upload the
object back to the bucket
- Configure a bucket to host the website and sync the source files using the AWS CLI
- Add IAM bucket policies to access the S3 website.
Module 7: Getting Started with Databases
- Describe the key components of DynamoDB
- Explain how to connect to DynamoDB
- Describe how to build a request object
- Explain how to read a response object
- List the most common troubleshooting exceptions
Module 8: Processing Your Database Operations
- Develop programs to interact with DynamoDB using AWS SDKs
- Perform CRUD operations to access tables, indexes, and data
- Describe developer best practices when accessing DynamoDB
- Review caching options for DynamoDB to improve performance
- Perform DynamoDB operations using SDK
Lab 3: Develop Solutions Using Amazon DynamoDB
- Interact with Amazon DynamoDB programmatically using low-level, document, and highlevel APIs in your programs
- Retrieve items from a table using key attributes, filters, expressions, and paginations
- Load a table by reading JSON objects from a file
- Search items from a table based on key attributes, filters, expressions, and paginations
- Update items by adding new attributes and changing data conditionally
- Access DynamoDB data using PartiQL and object-persistence models where applicable
Module 9: Processing Your Application Logic
- Develop a Lambda function using SDKs
- Configure triggers and permissions for Lambda functions
- Test, deploy, and monitor Lambda functions
Lab 4: Develop Solutions Using AWS Lambda Functions
- Create AWS Lambda functions and interact programmatically using AWS SDKs and AWS
- Configure AWS Lambda functions to use the environment variables and to integrate with
- Generate Amazon S3 pre-signed URLs using AWS SDKs and verify the access to bucket
- Deploy the AWS Lambda functions with .zip file archives through your IDE and test as
- Invoke AWS Lambda functions using the AWS Console and AWS CLI
Module 10: Managing the APIs
- Describe the key components of API Gateway
- Develop API Gateway resources to integrate with AWS services
- Configure API request and response calls for your application endpoints
- Test API resources and deploy your application API endpoint
- Demonstrate creating API Gateway resources to interact with your application APIs
Lab 5: Develop Solutions Using Amazon API Gateway
- Create RESTful API Gateway resources and configure CORS for your application
- Integrate API methods with AWS Lambda functions to process application data
- Configure mapping templates to transform the pass-through data during method
- Create a request model for API methods to ensure that the pass-through data format
complies with application rules
- Deploy the API Gateway to a stage and validate the results using the API endpoint
Module 11: Building a Modern Application
- Describe the challenges with traditional architectures
- Describe the microservice architecture and benefits
- Explain various approaches for designing microservice applications
- Explain steps involved in decoupling monolithic applications
- Demonstrate the orchestration of Lambda Functions using AWS Step Functions
Module 12: Granting Access to Your Application Users
- Analyze the evolution of security protocols
- Explore the authentication process using Amazon Cognito
- Manage user access and authorize serverless APIs
- Observe best practices for implementing Amazon Cognito
- Demonstrate the integration of Amazon Cognito and review JWT tokens
Lab 6: Capstone – Complete the Application Build
- Create a Userpool and an Application Client for your web application using
- Add new users and confirm their ability to sign-in using the Amazon Cognito CLI
- Configure API Gateway methods to use Amazon Cognito as an authorizer
- Verify JWT authentication tokens are generated during API Gateway calls
- Develop API Gateway resources rapidly using a Swagger importing strategy
- Set up your web application frontend to use Amazon Cognito and API Gateway
configurations and verify the entire application functionality
Module 13: Deploying Your Application
- Identify risks associated with traditional software development practices
- Understand DevOps methodology
- Configure an AWS SAM template to deploy a serverless application
- Describe various application deployment strategies
- Demonstrate deploying a serverless application using AWS SAM
Module 14: Observing Your Application
- Differentiate between monitoring and observability
- Evaluate why observability is necessary in modern development and key components
- Understand CloudWatch’s part in configuring the observability
- Demonstrate using CloudWatch Application Insights to monitor applications
- Demonstrate using X-Ray to debug your applications
Lab 7: Observe the Application Using AWS X-Ray
- Instrument your application code to use AWS X-Ray capabilities
- Enable your application deployment package to generate logs
- Understand the key components of an AWS SAM template and deploy your application
- Create AWS X-Ray service maps to observe end-to-end processing behavior of your
- Analyze and debug application issues using AWS X-Ray traces and annotations
Module 15: Course Wrap-up
- Course overview
- AWS training courses
- Course feedback
We recommend that attendees of this Developing on AWS course have:
- AWS Technical Essentials
- Working knowledge of AWS core services
- Programming experience in any one of the following languages:
Q: What is Developing on AWS training?
A: Developing on AWS training is a comprehensive program designed to provide individuals with the knowledge and skills needed to develop, deploy, and manage applications on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform. It covers various aspects of application development, including AWS SDKs, APIs, AWS services integration, and best practices for building scalable and secure applications.
Q: Who should consider taking Developing on AWS training?
A: This training is suitable for software developers, engineers, and IT professionals who want to enhance their application development skills on AWS. It is beneficial for those involved in designing and building cloud-native applications or migrating existing applications to the AWS platform.
Q: What topics are covered in Developing on AWS training?
A: The training covers a wide range of topics, including AWS architecture and services overview, AWS SDKs and development tools, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), AWS compute and storage services for application development, server-less application development, database integration, testing and deployment strategies, and application performance monitoring.
Q: Are there any prerequisites for taking Developing on AWS training?
A: While there are no strict prerequisites, having a basic understanding of software development concepts and familiarity with at least one programming language will be helpful in understanding the content effectively. Familiarity with AWS services and cloud computing fundamentals is also beneficial.
Q: How can I prepare for Developing on AWS training?
A: To prepare for the training, it is recommended to have a solid understanding of programming concepts and experience in building applications. Familiarizing yourself with AWS services and exploring AWS documentation related to application development will also be helpful.
Q: How can I register for Developing on AWS training?
A: To register for the training, click Enroll Now, we will provide you with information on available training schedules, formats (in-person or online), and enrollment procedures.
Q: Is Developing on AWS training available online?
A: Yes, we offer online training options for Developing on AWS to provide flexibility for learners. You can choose between instructor-led online training or self-paced online learning, depending on your preferences and availability.
Q: Can Developing on AWS training help in obtaining AWS certifications?
A: While Developing on AWS training provides valuable knowledge and skills in application development on AWS, it does not directly prepare you for specific AWS certifications. However, it lays a solid foundation for pursuing advanced certifications related to application development or AWS architecture.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!