SC-300T00: Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator Training
- Duration: 4 Days (32 Hours)
Live Online Training
- Microsoft Partner
- Practice Labs
- Microsoft Certified Trainers (MCTs)
- Digital Courseware
- Access to the Recordings
- Experience 24*7 Learner Support.
SC-300T00: Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator Course Overview
The Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator SC 300 training course focuses on the design, implementation, and operation of an organization’s identity and access management systems using Azure AD. Participants will gain expertise in managing critical tasks such as ensuring secure authentication and authorization access to enterprise applications. The course also covers the implementation of seamless user experiences and self-service management capabilities for all users. Additionally, participants will learn how to establish adaptive access and governance for identity and access management solutions, as well as how to troubleshoot, monitor, and report on the environment. If you’re looking to enhance your skills in identity and access management, SC 300 training is the ideal choice for you.
Audience Profile For SC 300 Training
The Identity and Access Administrator SC 300 training course is specifically designed for individuals who are pursuing the associated certification exam or are involved in identity and access administration tasks as part of their job responsibilities. It is also beneficial for administrators or engineers who wish to specialize in delivering identity solutions and access management systems for Azure-based solutions, thereby playing a crucial role in safeguarding organizational resources. If you’re considering a career in identity and access administration, SC 300 training is an excellent choice to help you achieve your goals.
Job role: Security Engineer
Benefits of taking SC 300 : Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator Training
The SC-300T00: Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator Training course provides the following benefits:
- Gain the knowledge and skills to design, implement, and manage identity and access management systems based on Microsoft Entra ID. The course covers a wide range of topics, including user identity management, authentication and access management, workload identity management, and identity governance.
- Prepare for the Microsoft Certified: Identity and Access Administrator certification exam. The course is aligned with the exam objectives and includes plenty of hands-on exercises to help you solidify your understanding of the material.
- Increase your earning potential and job prospects. The Microsoft Certified: Identity and Access Administrator certification is a highly sought-after credential in the IT industry. By earning this certification, you will demonstrate your expertise in identity and access management and make yourself more competitive in the job market.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest identity and access management best practices. The course is regularly updated to reflect the latest changes in the identity and access management landscape. This will ensure that you have the knowledge and skills you need to keep your organization’s identity and access management systems secure and compliant.
In addition to the benefits listed above, the SC-300T00: Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator Training course can also help you to:
- Improve your critical thinking and problem-solving skills. The course includes many real-world scenarios that will challenge you to think critically and come up with creative solutions to identity and access management problems.
- Develop your leadership and communication skills. The course includes opportunities to work on team projects and present your findings to a group. This will help you to develop your leadership and communication skills, which are essential for any identity and access management administrator.
- Build your network of identity and access management professionals. The course will bring you together with other identity and access management professionals from all over the world. This is a great opportunity to network with potential colleagues and learn from their experiences.
Overall, the SC-300T00: Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator Training course is a valuable investment for any IT professional who wants to advance their career in identity and access management.
Here are some specific examples of how the benefits of taking the SC-300T00 course can be realized in the workplace:
- Improved security: Identity and access management is a critical part of any organization’s security posture. By having security professionals who have taken the SC-300T00 course, organizations can improve the security of their identity and access management systems and reduce the risk of data breaches and other security incidents.
- Reduced costs: Identity and access management systems can be complex and expensive to manage. By having security professionals who have taken the SC-300T00 course, organizations can reduce the cost of managing their identity and access management systems by automating tasks and improving the efficiency of their security operations.
- Increased compliance: Many organizations are subject to security regulations that require them to have specific identity and access management controls in place. By having security professionals who have taken the SC-300T00 course, organizations can improve their compliance with these regulations by implementing and maintaining the required identity and access management controls.
- Improved user experience: Identity and access management systems can have a significant impact on the user experience. By having security professionals who have taken the SC-300T00 course, organizations can improve the user experience by designing and implementing identity and access management systems that are easy to use and secure.
|Dec 11-14, 2023|
(9am - 5pm CST)
|Jan 15-18, 2024|
(9am - 5pm CST)
|Jan 22-25, 2024|
(9am - 5pm CST)
|Jan 15-24, 2024|
(9am - 1pm CST)
|Feb 5-8, 2024|
(9am - 5pm CST)
|Feb 12-15, 2024|
(9am - 5pm CST)
|Feb 12-21, 2024|
(9am - 1pm CST)
|Mar 4-7, 2024|
(9am - 5pm CST)
|Mar 18-21, 2024|
(9am - 5pm CST)
Explore identity and Azure AD
- Define common identity terms and explain how they’re used in the Microsoft Cloud
- Explore the common management tools and needs of an identity solution
- Review the goal of Zero Trust and how it’s applied in the Microsoft Cloud
- Explore the available identity services in the Microsoft Cloud
Implement initial configuration of Azure Active Directory
- Implement initial configuration of Azure Active Directory
- Create, configure, and manage identities
- Implement and manage external identities (excluding B2C scenarios)
- Implement and manage hybrid identity
Create, configure, and manage identities
- Create, configure, and manage users
- Create, configure, and manage groups
- Manage licenses
- Explain custom security attributes and automatic user provisioning
Implement and manage external identities
- Manage external collaboration settings in Azure Active Directory
- Invite external users (individually or in bulk)
- Manage external user accounts in Azure Active Directory
- Configure identity providers (social and SAML/WS-fed)
Implement and manage hybrid identity
- Plan, design, and implement Azure Active Directory Connect (AADC)
- Manage Azure Active Directory Connect (AADC)
- Manage password hash synchronization (PHS)
- Manage pass-through authentication (PTA)
- Manage seamless single sign-on (seamless SSO)
- Manage federation excluding manual ADFS deployments
- Troubleshoot synchronization errors
- Implement and manage Azure Active Directory Connect Health
Secure Azure Active Directory users with Multi-Factor Authentication
- Learn about Azure AD Multi-Factor Authentication (Azure AD MFA)
- Create a plan to deploy Azure AD MFA
- Turn on Azure AD MFA for users and specific apps
Manage user authentication
- Administer authentication methods (FIDO2 / Passwordless)
- Implement an authentication solution based on Windows Hello for Business
- Configure and deploy self-service password reset
- Deploy and manage password protection
- Implement and manage tenant restrictions
Plan, implement, and administer Conditional Access
- Plan and implement security defaults.
- Plan conditional access policies.
- Implement conditional access policy controls and assignments (targeting, applications, and conditions).
- Test and troubleshoot conditional access policies.
- Implement application controls.
- Implement session management.
- Configure smart lockout thresholds.
Manage Azure AD Identity Protection
- Implement and manage a user risk policy
- Implement and manage sign-in risk policies
- Implement and manage MFA registration policy
- Monitor, investigate, and remediate elevated risky users
Implement access management for Azure resources
- Configure and use Azure roles within Azure AD
- Configure and managed identity and assign it to Azure resources
- Analyze the role permissions granted to or inherited by a user
- Configure access to data in Azure Key Vault using RBAC-policy
Plan and design the integration of enterprise apps for SSO
- Discover apps by using Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps or Active Directory Federation Services app report.
- Design and implement access management for apps.
- Design and implement app management roles.
- Configure pre-integrated (gallery) SaaS apps.
Implement and monitor the integration of enterprise apps for SSO
- Implement token customizations
- Implement and configure consent settings
- Integrate on-premises apps by using Azure AD application proxy
- Integrate custom SaaS apps for SSO
- Implement application user provisioning
- Monitor and audit access/Sign-On to Azure Active Directory integrated enterprise applications
Implement app registration
- Plan your line of business application registration strategy
- Implement application registrations
- Configure application permissions
- Plan and configure multi-tier application permissions
Plan and implement entitlement management
- Define catalogs.
- Define access packages.
- Plan, implement and manage entitlements.
- Manage the lifecycle of external users in Azure AD Identity Governance settings.
Plan, implement, and manage access review
- Plan for access reviews
- Create access reviews for groups and apps
- Monitor the access review findings
- Manage licenses for access reviews
- Automate management tasks for access review
- Configure recurring access reviews
Plan and implement privileged access
- Define a privileged access strategy for administrative users (resources, roles, approvals, and thresholds)
- Configure Privileged Identity Management for Azure AD roles
- Configure Privileged Identity Management for Azure resources
- Assign roles
- Manage PIM requests
- Analyze PIM audit history and reports
- Create and manage emergency access accounts
Monitor and maintain Azure Active Directory
- Analyze and investigate sign in logs to troubleshoot access issues
- Review and monitor Azure AD audit logs
- Enable and integrate Azure AD diagnostic logs with Log Analytics / Azure Sentinel
- Export sign in and audit logs to a third-party SIEM (security information and event management)
- Review Azure AD activity by using Log Analytics / Azure Sentinel, excluding KQL (Kusto Query Language) use
- Analyze Azure Active Directory workbooks / reporting
- Configure notifications
SC 300 Training Course Prerequisites
Before attending this course, students should have understanding of:
- Security best practices and industry security requirements such as defense in depth, least privileged access, shared responsibility, and zero trust model.
- Be familiar with identity concepts such as authentication, authorization, and active directory.
- Have some experience deploying Azure workloads. This course does not cover the basics of Azure administration, instead the course content builds on that knowledge by adding security specific information.
- Some experience with Windows and Linux operating systems and scripting languages is helpful but not required. Course labs may use PowerShell and the CLI.
Recommended Courses (or equivalent skills ):
SC 300 Exam Details
Exam Name: Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator
Exam Code: SC-300
Exam Type: Multiple choice and multi-response
Number of Questions: 40-60
Exam Duration: 120 minutes
Passing Score: 700
Exam Cost: $165 USD
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) and Microsoft Entra.
- Experience with identity and access management (IAM) concepts.
The SC-300 exam covers the following topics:
- Implement identities in Azure AD
- Implement authentication and access management
- Implement access management for applications
- Plan and implement workload identities
- Plan and implement identity governance
Microsoft offers a variety of resources to help you prepare for the SC-300 exam, including:
- Official SC-300 Study Guide: This guide provides comprehensive coverage of all the exam topics.
- Online Training Courses: Microsoft offers a variety of online training courses that can help you prepare for the exam.
- Practice Tests: There are a number of practice tests available online that can help you assess your readiness for the exam.
- Read the exam questions carefully. Make sure you understand what each question is asking before you answer it.
- Eliminate the incorrect answers first. This will make it easier to choose the correct answer.
- Mark the questions you’re unsure of for review. You can come back to them later if you have time.
- Don’t leave any questions unanswered. If you don’t know the answer, choose the best answer you can.
I hope this information is helpful. Good luck with your exam!
Here are some additional tips for preparing for the SC-300 exam:
- Get hands-on experience with Azure AD and Microsoft Entra. The best way to learn is by doing. Try to find opportunities to work on real-world IAM projects in Azure AD and Microsoft Entra.
- Join a study group or online community. Discussing the exam topics with other students can help you learn the material and identify areas where you need more practice.
- Use practice tests. Practice tests can help you assess your readiness for the exam and identify any areas where you need to focus your studies.
Q: What is the SC-300 training?
A: The SC-300 training is a certification offered by Microsoft, known as Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator Associate. The SC-300 certification focuses on developing the skills required to design, implement, and manage identity and access solutions using Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
Q: Who should take the SC 300 training?
A: The SC 300 training is suitable for individuals who want to pursue a career as an Identity and Access Administrator or those responsible for implementing and managing identity and access solutions in Azure AD. It is beneficial for IT professionals specializing in identity management, security, and Azure technologies.
Q: What topics are covered in the SC 300 training?
A: The SC 300 training covers various topics, including:
- Designing an identity and access solution.
- Implementing and managing identity and access in Azure AD.
- Implementing and managing Azure AD Privileged Identity Management.
- Implementing and managing Azure AD Conditional Access.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting Azure AD identity and access solutions.
Q: What are the benefits of obtaining the SC 300 certification?
A: The SC 300 certification offers several benefits, including:
- Demonstrating expertise: It validates your skills in designing and implementing identity and access solutions using Azure AD, showcasing your ability to secure and manage user identities.
- Career advancement: The certification can enhance your employability and open doors to roles specializing in identity and access administration and security.
- Increased job performance: The training equips you with the skills to effectively design and manage identity and access solutions, leading to improved job performance and security posture.
- Recognition and credibility: It establishes you as an expert in Azure AD identity and access management and demonstrates your commitment to professional development.
- Preparing for further certifications: The SC300 certification is part of the Identity and Access Administrator Associate certification path, which includes additional exams to achieve the associate-level certification.
Q: How long does the SC 300 training take?
A: The duration of SC 300 training can vary depending on the learning format, prior experience, and individual learning pace. Typically, it takes several days or weeks of intensive training to cover all the topics comprehensively.
Q: Are there any prerequisites for the SC 300 training?
A: It is recommended to have a foundational knowledge of Azure services and identity concepts. Familiarity with Azure AD, Azure AD Connect, and security principles would be beneficial.
Q: How can I prepare for the SC300 certification exam?
A: To prepare for the SC 300 certification exam, you can follow these steps:
- Review Microsoft’s official exam page and the exam skills outline to understand the topics covered.
- Utilize Microsoft’s official SC 300 learning path, which includes online modules and resources.
- Engage in hands-on practice by implementing identity and access solutions in Azure AD. Familiarize yourself with Azure AD features, identity synchronization, conditional access policies, and privileged identity management.
- Take advantage of practice exams and sample questions to assess your knowledge and get familiar with the exam format.
- Consider additional study materials, such as books, online courses, or video tutorials, to reinforce your understanding.
Q: How can I schedule the SC300 certification exam?
A: You can schedule the SC 300 certification exam through the Microsoft Learning website or by contacting a Microsoft-authorized exam provider. The exam is conducted online and can be taken remotely or at an authorized testing center.
Q: Is the SC 300 certification valid indefinitely?
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality For SC 300 Training
Don’t Just Take Our Word for It
Read what our satisfied clients have to say about their transformative experiences
I was very impressed with Traincrest's Azure bootcamp. The instructors were extremely knowledgeable and experienced, and they did a great job of explaining complex concepts in a clear and concise way. The hands-on exercises were also very helpful, as they allowed me to practice what I was learning in a real-world environment. Overall, I would highly recommend this bootcamp to anyone who is interested in learning more about Azure.
I took Traincrest's PowerShell Training to improve my PowerShell skills. The training was very helpful, and I learned a lot of new PowerShell techniques and commands. I also gained a better understanding of how to use PowerShell to automate tasks, generate reports, performing bulk operations and manage my systems. I would highly recommend this bootcamp to anyone who wants to improve their PowerShell skills or prepare for a job interview.
Cloud Architect & Consultant
I took Traincrest's Azure bootcamp because I wanted to learn more about cloud computing and how it could be used to improve my business. The bootcamp was excellent, and it gave me a comprehensive overview of Azure and its capabilities. I was particularly impressed with the hands-on exercises, which allowed me to apply what I was learning to real-world scenarios. I would highly recommend this bootcamp to anyone who is interested in learning more about Azure and cloud computing.
I took Traincrest's Azure bootcamp to prepare for my Azure AZ-900 certification exam. The bootcamp was very well-structured and covered all the essential topics that were tested on the exam. The instructors were also very knowledgeable and helpful. I passed the exam on my first try, and I am confident that I would not have been able to do so without taking this bootcamp. I highly recommend this bootcamp to anyone who is preparing for an Azure certification exam.
I took Traincrest's PowerShell bootcamp to learn more about this powerful scripting language. The bootcamp was excellent, and I learned a lot in a short period of time. The instructors were very knowledgeable and helpful, and they did a great job of explaining complex concepts in a clear and concise way. I would highly recommend this bootcamp to anyone who is interested in learning more about PowerShell.
Desktop Support Engineer
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!