PL-300T00: Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst
Duration : 3 Days (24 Hours)
PL 300 : Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst Course Overview
The PL-300 : Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst course provides comprehensive training on the diverse methods and best practices associated with modeling, visualizing, and analyzing data using Power BI. This course focuses on aligning these practices with both business and technical requirements.
Throughout the course, you will learn how to access and process data from a wide range of sources, including relational databases as well as non-relational sources. This includes understanding how to connect Power BI to different data repositories, extract data, transform it to meet analysis needs, and load it into Power BI for further exploration and visualization.
Moreover, the course covers the effective management and deployment of reports and dashboards. You will learn how to create visually appealing and insightful reports and dashboards using Power BI’s robust features and capabilities. Additionally, you will gain knowledge on sharing and distributing these reports and dashboards to relevant stakeholders and users within your organization.
By mastering the techniques and skills taught in this course, you will be equipped to efficiently model, visualize, and analyze data using Power BI, ensuring that the insights derived from the data are in line with the specific requirements of your business. Furthermore, you will gain proficiency in managing and deploying reports and dashboards to facilitate effective sharing and content distribution within your organization.
Intended Audience For PL 300 : Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst Training
- Power Platform Solution Architects
- Technical Consultants
- Application Architects
- IT Professionals
- Power Platform Administrators
- Business Analysts
Job role: Data Analyst
Benefits of taking PL 300 : Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst Training
Here are some of the benefits of taking PL-300T00: Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst Training:
Enhanced Career Prospects
- Expand your career options: Gaining the PL-300T00 certification opens doors to a wider range of employment opportunities in data analytics, business intelligence, and data visualization domains.
- Increase your earning potential: Certified professionals with PL-300T00 credentials often command higher salaries compared to their non-certified counterparts.
- Stand out in the job market: Differentiate yourself from competitors by demonstrating your expertise in analyzing, visualizing, and communicating business insights using Microsoft Power BI.
Enhanced Professional Competence
- Develop practical skills: Acquire hands-on proficiency in using Power Query, Data Analysis Expressions (DAX), and Power BI to prepare, analyze, and visualize data.
- Gain in-depth knowledge: Expand your understanding of data modeling, data visualization principles, storytelling with data, and data security within Microsoft Power BI.
- Become a Power BI data analyst: Equip yourself with the expertise to collect, clean, transform, analyze, and visualize data to provide actionable insights that support business decisions.
Enhanced Business Value
- Improve decision-making: Empower business leaders and decision-makers with data-driven insights to make informed decisions that drive business growth and improve performance.
- Enhance operational efficiency: Identify areas for improvement and optimize business processes based on data insights gained from Power BI analysis.
- Gain competitive advantage: Utilize data to gain a deeper understanding of customer behavior, market trends, and competitor strategies.
- Foster data-driven culture: Promote a culture of data-driven decision-making across the organization by providing accessible and insightful data visualizations and reports.
- Increase transparency and accountability: Provide transparency into business performance and hold individuals and teams accountable for achieving data-driven goals.
Overall, taking PL-300T00: Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst Training can significantly enhance your career prospects, professional competence, and the value you bring to your organization’s data-driven decision-making processes.
Discover data analysis
- Learn about the roles in data.
- Learn about the tasks of a data analyst.
Get started building with Power BI
- Learn how Power BI services and applications work together.
- Explore how Power BI can make your business more efficient.
- Learn how to create compelling visuals and reports.
Get data in Power BI
- Identify and connect to a data source
- Get data from a relational database, like Microsoft SQL Server
- Get data from a file, like Microsoft Excel
- Get data from applications
- Get data from Azure Analysis Services
- Select a storage mode
- Fix performance issues
- Resolve data import errors
Clean, transform, and load data in Power BI
- Resolve inconsistencies, unexpected or null values, and data quality issues.
- Apply user-friendly value replacements.
- Profile data so you can learn more about a specific column before using it.
- Evaluate and transform column data types.
- Apply data shape transformations to table structures.
- Combine queries.
- Apply user-friendly naming conventions to columns and queries.
- Edit M code in the Advanced Editor.
Design a data model in Power BI
- Create common date tables
- Configure many-to-many relationships
- Resolve circular relationships
- Design star schemas
Introduction to creating measures using DAX in Power BI
- Build quick measures.
- Create calculated columns.
- Use DAX to build measures.
- Discover how context affects DAX measures.
- Use the CALCULATE function to manipulate filters.
- Implement time intelligence by using DAX.
Optimize a model for performance in Power BI
- Review the performance of measures, relationships, and visuals.
- Use variables to improve performance and troubleshooting.
- Improve performance by reducing cardinality levels.
- Optimize DirectQuery models with table level storage.
- Create and manage aggregations.
Work with Power BI visuals
- Add visualization items to reports.
- Choose an effective visualization.
- Format and configure visualizations.
- Import a custom visual.
- Add an R or Python visual.
Create a data-driven story with Power BI reports
- Design a report layout.
- Add buttons, bookmarks, and selections.
- Design report navigation.
- Use basic interactions.
- Use advanced interactions and drillthrough.
- Configure conditional formatting.
- Apply slicing, filtering, and sorting.
- Publish and export reports.
- Comment on reports.
- Use Performance analyzer to tune reports.
- Optimize reports for mobile use.
Create dashboards in Power BI
- Set a mobile view.
- Add a theme to the visuals in your dashboard.
- Configure data classification.
- Add real-time dataset visuals to your dashboards.
- Pin a live report page to a dashboard.
Perform analytics in Power BI
- Explore statistical summary.
- Identify outliers with Power BI visuals.
- Group and bin data for analysis.
- Apply clustering techniques.
- Conduct time series analysis.
- Use the Analyze feature.
- Use advanced analytics custom visuals.
- Review Quick insights.
- Apply AI Insights.
Work with AI visuals in Power BI
- Use the Q&A visual.
- Find important factors with the Key influencers visual.
- Use the Decomposition Tree visual to break down a measure.
Create and manage workspaces in Power BI
- Distribute a report or dashboard.
- Monitor usage and performance.
- Recommend a development life cycle strategy.
- Troubleshoot data by viewing its lineage.
- Configure data protection.
Manage datasets in Power BI
- Create dynamic reports with parameters.
- Create what-if parameters.
- Use a Power BI gateway to connect to on-premises data sources.
- Configure a scheduled refresh for a dataset.
- Configure incremental refresh settings.
- Manage and promote datasets.
- Troubleshoot service connectivity.
- Boost performance with query caching (Premium).
Implement row-level security
- Configure row-level security by using a static method.
- Configure row-level security by using a dynamic method.
PL 300 : Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst Course Prerequisites:
Successful Data Analysts start this role with experience of working with data in the cloud.
- Understanding core data concepts.
- Knowledge of working with relational data in the cloud.
- Knowledge of working with non-relational data in the cloud.
- Knowledge of data analysis and visualization concepts.
You can gain the prerequisites and a better understanding of working with data in Azure by completing Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals before taking this course.
Q: What is PL-300 : Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst?
A: PL300 is a training course that focuses on developing the skills and knowledge required to work as a data analyst with Microsoft Power BI. It covers various aspects of Power BI, including data modeling, data visualization, and report creation.
Q: What topics are covered in this training?
A: This PL-300 training covers a range of topics, including an introduction to Power BI, data modeling and transformation, creating and optimizing data visualizations, designing and publishing reports, and leveraging advanced analytics features in Power BI.
Q: Who should attend this course?
A: PL-300 is designed for individuals who want to work as data analysts, business analysts, or report developers using Microsoft Power BI. It is suitable for professionals involved in data analysis, reporting, and business intelligence tasks.
Q: Do I need any prerequisites to attend this PL-300 course?
A: While there are no strict prerequisites, having a basic understanding of data analysis concepts and familiarity with Microsoft Excel will be beneficial. Previous experience with Power BI or other data visualization tools is also helpful but not required.
Q: What can I expect to learn from this training?
A: By the end of this PL-300 training, you will have the skills and knowledge to work as a data analyst with Microsoft Power BI. You will learn how to model and transform data, create compelling visualizations, design interactive reports, and leverage advanced analytics features to gain valuable insights from your data.
Q: Is this course hands-on?
A: Yes, PL-300 includes hands-on exercises and labs that provide practical experience in working with Microsoft Power BI. You will have the opportunity to apply the concepts learned in a simulated environment, gaining valuable hands-on skills.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Microsoft Certified Trainers (MCT).
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!