Ethical Hacking Essentials (EHE)
- Duration : 2 Days (16 Hours)
- Digital Courseware
- Practice Labs
- Certified Trainers
- Access to the Recordings
- Experience 24*7 Learner Support.
Download Course Brochure
Ethical Hacking Essentials (EHE) Course Overview
The Ethical Hacking Essentials (EHE) certification validates an individual’s proficiency in identifying and addressing potential vulnerabilities in a system using methods employed by malicious hackers. This certification emphasizes understanding and acquiring the skills necessary for ethical hacking to ensure the integrity and protection of sensitive data. It is primarily utilized by industries to proactively identify potential threats or weak points in their networks or systems and remediate them before exploitation occurs. With ethical hacking being a crucial component of cybersecurity, industries across various sectors rely on the EHE certification to authenticate the competencies of their IT personnel in safeguarding their digital assets.
- IT professionals
- Cybersecurity enthusiasts
- Network engineers
- System administrators
- IT students
- Professionals eager for career advancement in cybersecurity
- Individuals interested in learning about network security
- Executives responsible for managing IT infrastructure.
Learning Objectives of Ethical Hacking Essentials (EHE)
The primary goal of an Ethical Hacking Essentials course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills required for a career in ethical hacking. Participants will learn how to identify, counteract, and prevent cyber threats effectively. The course covers the fundamentals of hacking, including topics such as intrusion detection, policy creation, social engineering, DDoS attacks, buffer overflows, and virus creation. Additionally, students will be trained on performing penetration testing, implementing countermeasures, and maintaining network security. By the end of the course, students should be proficient in applying these skills to protect digital infrastructures from security threats.
Benefits to taking Ethical Hacking Essentials Training
Ethical Hacking Essentials Training can provide you with a number of benefits, including:
1. Enhanced cybersecurity skills: You will gain a deep understanding of ethical hacking techniques, allowing you to identify and address vulnerabilities in computer systems and networks.
2. Improved job prospects: Ethical hacking skills are in high demand, and completing this training can make you a more competitive candidate for cybersecurity jobs.
3. Increased earning potential: Ethical hackers can earn a high salary, and completing this training can help you command a higher salary in your current role or qualify for new opportunities.
4. Career advancement: Ethical hacking skills can help you advance your career in cybersecurity. Many organizations are looking for ethical hackers to fill senior-level positions.
5. Personal satisfaction: Ethical hacking can be a rewarding career, and knowing that you are helping to protect people’s data and privacy can be very satisfying.
In addition to these benefits, Ethical Hacking Essentials Training can also help you:
- Learn how to think like a hacker
- Understand the different types of cyberattacks
- Learn how to defend against cyberattacks
- Learn how to use ethical hacking tools
- Gain hands-on experience with ethical hacking
If you are interested in a career in cybersecurity, or if you simply want to learn more about how to protect yourself from cyberattacks, then Ethical Hacking Essentials Training is a great option for you.
According to a recent survey by the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), 67% of organizations are facing a shortage of cybersecurity professionals. This means that there is a high demand for skilled ethical hackers.
The median salary for an ethical hacker is $103,590 per year, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. This is significantly higher than the median salary for all computer and information technology occupations, which is $88,190 per year.
Ethical hacking is a challenging but rewarding career. If you are interested in a career in cybersecurity, then we encourage you to consider taking Ethical Hacking Essentials Training.
Module-01: Information Security Fundamentals
Module-02: Ethical Hacking Fundamentals
Module-03: Information Security Threats and Vulnerability Assessment
Module-04: Password Cracking Techniques and Countermeasures
Module-05: Social Engineering Techniques and Countermeasures
Module-06: Network Level Attacks and Countermeasures
Module-07: Web Application Attacks and Countermeasures
Module-08: Wireless Attacks and Countermeasures
Module-09: Mobile Attacks and Countermeasures
Module-10: IoT and OT Attacks and Countermeasures
Module-11: Cloud Computing Threats and Countermeasures
Module-12: Penetration Testing Fundamentals
Ethical Hacking Essentials (EHE) Course Prerequisites
• Basic understanding of IT, including working knowledge of networks
• Familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems
• Basic knowledge and experience in programming languages such as Python or Java
• Skills in problem solving, and logical and critical thinking
• Familiarity with cybersecurity principles and techniques.
- Exam Name: Ethical Hacking Essentials (EHE)
- Exam Duration: 2 hours
- Exam Format: Multiple choice
- Exam Questions: 75
- Passing Score: 70%
- Exam Language: English
- Exam Cost: $299 USD
- Exam Delivery: Pearson VUE Testing Centers
- Exam Scheduling: Online at the Pearson VUE website
The EHE exam covers the following objectives:
- Security Fundamentals:
- Information security principles and practices
- Risk management
- Security policies and procedures
- Threats and Vulnerabilities:
- Common types of cyberattacks
- Vulnerabilities in systems and networks
- Social engineering attacks
- Penetration Testing:
- Methodology and tools for penetration testing
- Identifying and exploiting vulnerabilities
- Reporting and mitigating vulnerabilities
- Cybersecurity Technologies:
- Firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Encryption and authentication
- Security tools and applications
There are a number of resources available to help you prepare for the EHE exam. These resources include:
- Official EC-Council EHE Courseware: This courseware provides a comprehensive overview of the exam objectives.
- EHE Practice Exams: These practice exams can help you assess your readiness for the exam.
- EHE Online Study Groups: These study groups can provide you with support and encouragement as you prepare for the exam.
For more information about the EHE exam, please visit the EC-Council website.
Here are some additional tips for preparing for the EHE exam:
- Start your studies early: The EHE exam covers a lot of material, so it is important to start your studies early and give yourself enough time to prepare.
- Create a study schedule: Create a study schedule and stick to it. This will help you stay on track and make sure that you are covering all of the material.
- Find a study group: A study group can provide you with support and encouragement as you prepare for the exam.
- Take practice exams: Practice exams can help you assess your readiness for the exam and identify areas where you need to focus your studies.
- Get a good night’s sleep before the exam: This will help you be well-rested and focused on the exam.
What is Ethical Hacking Essentials (EHE) training?
Ethical Hacking Essentials (EHE) training is an introductory cybersecurity course that covers ethical hacking and penetration testing fundamentals. It is designed to prepare learners for a career in cybersecurity. The course covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Computer and network security concepts
- Threats and vulnerabilities
- Password cracking
- Web application attacks
- IoT and OT attacks
- Cloud computing
- Pentesting fundamentals
Who should take EHE training?
EHE training is a good option for anyone who is interested in learning about ethical hacking and penetration testing. It is also a good option for anyone who wants to enhance their cybersecurity skills.
What are the benefits of taking EHE training?
There are many benefits to taking EHE training, including:
- Enhanced cybersecurity skills: You will gain a deep understanding of ethical hacking techniques, allowing you to identify and address vulnerabilities in computer systems and networks.
- Improved job prospects: Ethical hacking skills are in high demand, and completing this training can make you a more competitive candidate for cybersecurity jobs.
- Increased earning potential: Ethical hackers can earn a high salary, and completing this training can help you command a higher salary in your current role or qualify for new opportunities.
- Career advancement: Ethical hacking skills can help you advance your career in cybersecurity. Many organizations are looking for ethical hackers to fill senior-level positions.
- Personal satisfaction: Ethical hacking can be a rewarding career, and knowing that you are helping to protect people’s data and privacy can be very satisfying.
What are the prerequisites for taking EHE training?
There are no formal prerequisites for taking EHE training. However, it is recommended that you have a basic understanding of computer systems and networks.
What is the format of EHE training?
EHE training is available in a variety of formats, including:
- Instructor-led training: This type of training is delivered by an experienced instructor in a classroom setting.
- Online training: This type of training is delivered online and can be self-paced.
- Blended learning: This type of training combines instructor-led training and online training.
How long does EHE training take to complete?
The length of EHE training varies depending on the format. Instructor-led training typically takes 5 days to complete. Online training can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to complete. Blended learning training typically takes a few weeks to complete.
What are the job prospects after completing EHE training?
The job prospects after completing EHE training are very good. There is a high demand for ethical hackers, and the median salary for an ethical hacker is $103,590 per year.
What are some additional resources for learning about ethical hacking?
There are a number of additional resources available for learning about ethical hacking, including:
- EC-Council website: The EC-Council is a leading organization for cybersecurity education and training.
- SANS Institute website: The SANS Institute is another leading organization for cybersecurity education and training.
- Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP): OWASP is a non-profit organization that promotes the development of secure web applications.
- Cybrary: Cybrary is an online platform that provides free and paid cybersecurity training.
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality
This course comes with following benefits:
- Practice Labs.
- Get Trained by Certified Trainers.
- Access to the recordings of your class sessions for 90 days.
- Digital courseware
- Experience 24*7 learner support.
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!