AZ-500T00: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies Training
- Duration: 4 Days (32 Hours)
- Microsoft Partner
- Practice Labs
- Microsoft Certified Trainers
- Digital Courseware
- Access to the Recordings
- Experience 24*7 Learner Support.
Download Course Brochure
AZ 500 : Microsoft Azure Security Technologies Course Overview
The Microsoft Azure AZ 500 training course is tailored for IT Security Professionals, providing them with in-depth AZ 500 training to acquire the knowledge and skills essential for implementing rigorous security controls. This AZ 500 training equips professionals to safeguard organizational assets, bolster the security posture of their organizations, and efficiently detect and remediate security vulnerabilities. The comprehensive AZ 500 training program encompasses a wide spectrum of security facets, including identity and access security, platform protection, data and application security, and security operations. Throughout their AZ 500 training journey, participants develop a profound understanding of security principles and practices, preparing them to respond effectively to security incidents and maintain robust security measures across various aspects of IT infrastructure and operations. With AZ 500 training, students emerge well-prepared to uphold security excellence within their organizations.
Intended Audience for Microsoft Azure AZ-500 Training
- Azure Security Engineers
- Certification Exam Preparers (AZ 500)
- Security Professionals Focused on Azure Platforms
- Engineers Balancing Certification Preparation and Daily Security Responsibilities
- Data Protection Specialists
- Azure Platform Security Aspirants
- Those Aspiring to Specialize in Securing Azure Environments
- Professionals Seeking Comprehensive Security Training
- Individuals Wanting to Take Pivotal Roles in Data Protection
- Security Controls Implementers
- Resilient Security Posture Maintainers
- Vulnerability Identification and Remediation Experts
- Identity and Access Security Specialists
- Platform Safeguarding Professionals
- Data and Application Security Ensurers
- Security Operations Managers
- Contributors to Comprehensive Data Protection Efforts in Organizations.
Job role: Security Engineer
Learning objectives for the Microsoft Azure AZ-500 training course
- Identity Management: Microsoft Azure AZ 500 training thoroughly describes the different types of identities in Azure, ensuring a comprehensive understanding.
- Azure Active Directory Implementation: Microsoft Azure AZ 500 training guides participants through the process of implementing Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) for managing identities and access.
- Role-Based Access Control (RBAC): Microsoft Azure AZ 500 training emphasizes the setup and management of permissions to Azure resources using role-based access control.
- Conditional Access Implementation: Within Azure Security, AZ 500 training covers the configuration of Azure AD Conditional Access to effectively control access to Azure resources.
- Management of Privileged Identities: Microsoft Azure AZ 500 training ensures the ability to manage privileged identities within the Azure environment.
- Secure Network Architecture: Participants learn to design and implement a secure network architecture within Azure through AZ 500 training.
- Traffic Filtering: Microsoft Azure AZ 500 training guides users through configuring Network Security Groups (NSGs) for filtering traffic and deploying Azure Firewall for additional traffic filtration.
- Application Layer Security: Within Azure Security, AZ 500 training covers the implementation of Application Security Groups (ASGs) to enhance traffic filtering at the application layer.
- DDoS Protection: Participants acquire knowledge of configuring Azure DDoS Protection as a defense mechanism against denial-of-service attacks, a crucial aspect of Microsoft Azure AZ 500 training.
- Azure Virtual Machines Security: The AZ 500 training program includes instruction on configuring security measures for Azure Virtual Machines (VMs).
- Security for Azure Storage: Microsoft Azure AZ 500 training covers the steps to configure security for Azure Disks and Blob Storage.
- Azure Database Security: Participants learn to configure security for Azure SQL Database and Azure Cosmos DB within the Azure Security domain of AZ 500 training.
- Azure Key Vault Security: Microsoft Azure AZ 500 training emphasizes securing Azure Key Vault, a critical element in data protection.
- Security Monitoring: Microsoft Azure AZ 500 training equips professionals to monitor security alerts and incidents in Azure effectively.
- Incident Investigation: Participants learn to investigate security incidents in Azure, a fundamental skill covered within the AZ 500 training program.
- Incident Response: AZ 500 training guides individuals in responding to security incidents within the Azure environment.
- Incident Recovery: Microsoft Azure AZ 500 training also ensures that participants have the ability to recover from security incidents within Azure.
- SIEM Solution Implementation: The AZ 500 training program wraps up with the implementation of a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solution in Azure.
By the culmination of the Microsoft Azure AZ 500 training, individuals possess the competence to:
- Design and Implement Secure Azure Environments: Microsoft Azure AZ 500 training empowers participants to design and implement a secure Azure environment effectively.
- Identity and Access Management: The AZ 500 training course instills knowledge for managing identities and access in Azure efficiently.
- Secure Networking Configuration: Participants acquire expertise in configuring secure networking in Azure, a critical aspect of Microsoft Azure AZ 500 training.
- Security for Compute, Storage, and Databases: Microsoft Azure AZ 500 training ensures competence in configuring security measures for Azure compute, storage, and databases.
- Security Operations Management: The AZ 500 training program comprehensively prepares individuals to manage security operations within the Azure environment.
Benefits of taking AZ-500T00: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies Training
Earning the Microsoft Azure Security Technologies (AZ-500T00) certification demonstrates your expertise in implementing security controls, maintaining an organization’s security posture, and identifying and remediating security vulnerabilities in Azure environments. By successfully completing the AZ-500T00 exam, you can gain several benefits, including:
1. Enhanced Career Prospects: The demand for skilled Azure security professionals is growing rapidly, as more organizations are moving their operations to the cloud and seeking to strengthen their security posture. The AZ-500T00 certification can make you more marketable to potential employers and help you advance your career in cybersecurity.
2. Validated Expertise: The AZ-500T00 certification validates your in-depth knowledge of Azure security technologies, including identity and access management, platform protection, data and application security, and security operations. This credential demonstrates your ability to effectively protect Azure environments from evolving cyber threats.
3. Higher Earning Potential: According to industry reports, Azure security-certified professionals command higher salaries compared to their non-certified counterparts. The AZ-500T00 certification can boost your earning potential and open doors to better-paying opportunities.
4. Strong Foundation in Cloud Security: The AZ-500T00 certification provides a comprehensive understanding of cloud security concepts, Azure security services, and the skills to design, implement, and manage security solutions for Azure environments. This knowledge is essential for success in the ever-evolving cloud security landscape.
5. Preparation for Advanced Certifications: The AZ-500T00 certification serves as a stepping stone to more advanced certifications, such as the Microsoft Certified Security Expert – Azure Security Engineer (AZ-103) credential. By earning the AZ-500T00, you can gain the necessary foundation to pursue higher-level certifications and further enhance your expertise.
6. Continuous Learning and Growth: The AZ-500T00 certification encourages continuous learning and growth in the field of cloud security. Staying up-to-date with the latest Azure security features, threats, and best practices will keep you at the forefront of the industry.
7. Recognition of Expertise: The AZ-500T00 certification is a globally recognized credential that demonstrates your expertise in Azure security technologies and cloud security best practices. It serves as a testament to your skills and knowledge, earning you the respect of your peers and potential employers.
8. Networking Opportunities: The AZ-500T00 certification can connect you with a network of like-minded professionals in the field of cloud security. Joining Azure security communities and attending industry events can expand your network and provide valuable opportunities for collaboration and learning.
In summary, pursuing the AZ-500T00 certification offers a multitude of benefits, including career advancement, higher earning potential, enhanced skills, and recognition as an Azure security expert. If you are considering a career in cloud security or are already involved in securing Azure environments, the AZ-500T00 certification is a valuable investment in your professional development and success.
Here are some additional benefits of taking the AZ-500T00 training:
- Gain a deeper understanding of cloud security concepts and technologies.
- Learn how to implement Azure security services to protect your organization’s data and applications.
- Develop hands-on skills in designing, deploying, and managing cloud security solutions.
- Prepare for the AZ-500T00 exam by covering all of the exam objectives.
If you are ready to take your career in cloud security to the next level, we encourage you to sign up for the AZ-500T00 training today.
Course Fee: $1,450
Guarantee To Run (GTR) Schedule
|Dec 11-14, 2023|
(9am - 5pm CST)
|Jan 15-18, 2024|
(9am - 5pm CST)
|Jan 22-25, 2024|
(9am - 5pm CST)
|Jan 15-24, 2024|
(9am - 1pm CST)
|Feb 5-8, 2024|
(9am - 5pm CST)
|Feb 12-15, 2024|
(9am - 5pm CST)
|Feb 12-21, 2024|
(9am - 1pm CST)
|Mar 4-7, 2024|
(9am - 5pm CST)
|Mar 18-21, 2024|
(9am - 5pm CST)
AZ 500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies Course Modules
Secure Azure solutions with Azure Active Directory
- Configure Azure AD and Azure AD Domain Services for security
- Create users and groups that enable secure usage of your tenant
- Use MFA to protect user’s identities
- Configure passwordless security options
Implement Hybrid identity
- Deploy Azure AD Connect
- Pick and configure that best authentication option for your security needs
- Configure password writeback
Deploy Azure AD identity protection
- Deploy and configure Identity Protection
- Configure MFA for users, groups, and applications
- Create Conditional Access policies to ensure your security
- Create and follow an access review process
Configure Azure AD privileged identity management
- Describe Zero Trust and how it impacts security
- Configure and deploy roles using Privileged Identity Management (PIM)
- Evaluate the usefulness of each PIM setting as it relates to your security goals
Design an enterprise governance strategy
- Explain the shared responsibility model and how it impacts your security configuration
- Create Azure policies to protect your solutions
- Configure and deploy access to services using RBAC
Implement perimeter security
- Define defense in depth
- Protect your environment from denial-of-service attacks
- Secure your solutions using firewalls and VPNs
- Explore your end-to-end perimeter security configuration based on your security posture
Configure network security
- Deploy and configure network security groups to protect your Azure solutions
- Configure and lockdown service endpoints and private links
- Secure your applications with Application Gateway, Web App Firewall, and Front Door
- Configure ExpressRoute to help protect your network traffic
Configure and manage host security
- Configure and deploy Endpoint Protection
- Deploy a privileged access strategy for devices and privileged workstations
- Secure your virtual machines and access to them
- Deploy Windows Defender
- Practice layered security by reviewing and implementing Security Center and Security Benchmarks
Enable Containers security
- Define the available security tools for containers in Azure
- Configure security settings for containers and Kubernetes services
- Lock down network, storage, and identity resources connected to your containers
- Deploy RBAC to control access to containers
Deploy and secure Azure Key Vault
- Define what a key vault is and how it protects certificates and secrets
- Deploy and configure Azure Key Vault
- Secure access and administration of your key vault
- Store keys and secrets in your key vault
- Explore key security considers like key rotation and backup / recovery
Configure application security features
- Register an application in Azure using app registration
- Select and configure which Azure AD users can access each application
- Configure and deploy web app certificates
Implement storage security
- Define data sovereignty and how that is achieved in Azure
- Configure Azure Storage access in a secure and managed way
- Encrypt your data while it is at rest and in transit
- Apply rules for data retention
Configure and manage SQL database security
- Configure which users and applications have access to your SQL databases
- Block access to your servers using firewalls
- Discover, classify, and audit the use of your data
- Encrypt and protect your data while is it stored in the database.
Configure and manage Azure Monitor
- Configure and monitor Azure Monitor
- Define metrics and logs you want to track for your Azure applications
- Connect data sources to and configure Log Analytics
- Create and monitor alerts associated with your solutions security
Enable and manage Microsoft Defender for Cloud
- Define the most common types of cyber-attacks
- Configure Microsoft Defender for cloud based on your security posture
- Review Secure Score and raise it
- Lock down your solutions using Microsoft Defender for Cloud’s workload protection
- Enable Just-in-Time access and other security features
Configure and monitor Microsoft Sentinel
- Explain what Azure Sentinel is and how it is used
- Deploy Azure Sentinel
- Connect data to Azure Sentinel, like Azure Logs, Azure AD, and others
- Track incidents using workbooks, playbooks, and hunting techniques
AZ 500 : Microsoft Azure Security Technologies Course Prerequisites:
Successful learners of AZ 500 will have prior knowledge and understanding of:
- Key Security Practices: Azure Security Engineers, through AZ-500 training, should master security best practices and adhere to industry security requirements. This includes understanding concepts like defense in depth, least privileged access, role-based access control, multi-factor authentication, shared responsibility, and the zero trust model.
- Security Protocols Proficiency: Azure Security Engineers must also be well-versed in security protocols such as Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Internet Security Protocol (IPSec), Secure Socket Layer (SSL), and various disk and data encryption methods, all of which are integral to AZ-500 training.
- Azure Workload Deployment Experience: Experience in deploying Azure workloads is a prerequisite for AZ-500 training, as it builds upon this foundation to impart specific security-related knowledge. The course does not cover basic Azure administration but delves into security-specific details.
- Operating System and Scripting Proficiency: AZ-500 training assumes a level of proficiency with Windows and Linux operating systems and scripting languages. This foundational knowledge is essential for effectively addressing security aspects within Azure environments.
Course labs may use PowerShell and the CLI.
Exam Details for the Microsoft Azure AZ 500 Training Course
Exam Name: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies (AZ-500)
Exam Duration: 3 hours
Number of Questions: 40-60
Passing Score: 700
Exam Cost: $165 USD*
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with security concepts and technologies
The Microsoft Azure AZ-500 exam covers the following objectives, emphasizing the importance of Microsoft Azure AZ 500 training:
- Manage identity and access
- Secure networking
- Secure compute, storage, and databases
- Manage security operations
There are a number of Microsoft Azure AZ 500 training options available for the Microsoft Azure AZ-500 exam, which are essential for thorough preparation. These include:
- Microsoft Learn modules
- Instructor-led Microsoft Azure AZ 500 training courses
- Online Microsoft Azure AZ 500 training courses
Q: What is the AZ-500 training?
A: AZ-500 is a certification offered by Microsoft, known as Microsoft Azure Security Technologies. The AZ-500 training focuses on developing the skills required to implement and manage security controls, threat protection, and identity and access management in Microsoft Azure.
Q: Who should take the AZ500 training?
A: The AZ500 training is suitable for individuals who want to pursue a career in cloud security or those responsible for implementing security controls and managing security in Azure environments. It is beneficial for security administrators, security engineers, and IT professionals with a focus on cloud security.
Q: What topics are covered in the AZ500 training?
A: The AZ500 training covers various topics, including:
- Managing identity and access in Azure, including Azure Active Directory, Azure AD Identity Protection, and Azure AD Privileged Identity Management.
- Implementing platform protection, including Azure Security Center, Azure Key Vault, and Azure Information Protection.
- Managing security operations in Azure, such as Azure Monitor, Azure Sentinel, and Azure Security Center for IoT.
- Implementing data and application security, including Azure Security Center for Storage, Azure SQL Database, and Azure Web Apps security.
- Managing and responding to security incidents in Azure.
Q: What are the benefits of obtaining the AZ500 certification?
A: The AZ500 certification offers several benefits, including:
- Demonstrating expertise: It validates your skills in securing Azure environments and showcases your ability to implement security controls and protect against threats.
- Career advancement: The certification can enhance your employability and open doors to roles specializing in Azure security.
- Increased job performance: The training equips you with the skills to implement and manage security in Azure effectively, leading to improved job performance.
- Recognition and credibility: It establishes you as an expert in Azure security technologies and demonstrates your commitment to professional development.
- Preparing for further certifications: The AZ500 certification can serve as a stepping stone to more advanced Azure certifications or other security-related certifications.
Q: How long does the AZ 500 training take?
A: The duration of AZ 500 training can vary depending on the learning format, prior experience, and individual learning pace. Typically, it takes several days or weeks of intensive training to cover all the topics comprehensively.
Q: Are there any prerequisites for the AZ 500 training?
Q: How can I schedule the AZ500 certification exam?
A: You can schedule the AZ500 certification exam through the Microsoft Learning website or by contacting a Microsoft-authorized exam provider. The exam is conducted online and can be taken remotely or at an authorized testing center.
Q: Is the AZ-500 certification valid indefinitely?
Discover the perfect fit for your learning journey
Choose Learning Modality For Microsoft Azure AZ 500 Training
Don’t Just Take Our Word for It
Read what our satisfied clients have to say about their transformative experiences
I was very impressed with Traincrest's Azure bootcamp. The instructors were extremely knowledgeable and experienced, and they did a great job of explaining complex concepts in a clear and concise way. The hands-on exercises were also very helpful, as they allowed me to practice what I was learning in a real-world environment. Overall, I would highly recommend this bootcamp to anyone who is interested in learning more about Azure.
I took Traincrest's PowerShell Training to improve my PowerShell skills. The training was very helpful, and I learned a lot of new PowerShell techniques and commands. I also gained a better understanding of how to use PowerShell to automate tasks, generate reports, performing bulk operations and manage my systems. I would highly recommend this bootcamp to anyone who wants to improve their PowerShell skills or prepare for a job interview.
Cloud Architect & Consultant
I took Traincrest's Azure bootcamp because I wanted to learn more about cloud computing and how it could be used to improve my business. The bootcamp was excellent, and it gave me a comprehensive overview of Azure and its capabilities. I was particularly impressed with the hands-on exercises, which allowed me to apply what I was learning to real-world scenarios. I would highly recommend this bootcamp to anyone who is interested in learning more about Azure and cloud computing.
I took Traincrest's Azure bootcamp to prepare for my Azure AZ-900 certification exam. The bootcamp was very well-structured and covered all the essential topics that were tested on the exam. The instructors were also very knowledgeable and helpful. I passed the exam on my first try, and I am confident that I would not have been able to do so without taking this bootcamp. I highly recommend this bootcamp to anyone who is preparing for an Azure certification exam.
I took Traincrest's PowerShell bootcamp to learn more about this powerful scripting language. The bootcamp was excellent, and I learned a lot in a short period of time. The instructors were very knowledgeable and helpful, and they did a great job of explaining complex concepts in a clear and concise way. I would highly recommend this bootcamp to anyone who is interested in learning more about PowerShell.
Desktop Support Engineer
Got more questions? We’re all ears and ready to assist!